Watching college level....?
Started by JennyorAlice

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
JennyorAlice

5 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2021
02-07-2021, 07:14 PM -
Do you like watching the college soccer or do you like watching the pro's?  Why?

Normally when I'm watching a sport, I kind of like watching the college version more.  The people at the college level are normally working towards something (normally they're working towards making it into the pro's) so it seems like they play harder than they are in the pro's.
Coach
Administrator

120 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2021
02-07-2021, 08:00 PM -
I love the college game! For other sports (American Football for one), I prefer the college game over the professional version for the reason you indicated. Thankfully for soccer, the pinnacle is so high and fleeting, I feel like all athletes at every level rarely get tot he point where they feel they can coast, and despite going through periods of bad form, they are consistent with their efforts.

The college game in the US gives us a drastically different aspect of the sport than other places, and things like the draft make for ever quirkier deals than you see in Europe.

My only issue: I wish colleges and universities made their soccer programs more prominent. I've had to dig to find stuff out about local college teams and its always a hassle. They're not doing themselves any favors.
Athanas

33 posts 3 threads Joined: Feb 2021
02-18-2021, 01:41 PM -
College soccer offer a huge form of entertainment. In that regard, I love watching it.
Soccer Boy

146 posts 111 threads Joined: Feb 2021
02-19-2021, 01:48 AM -
(02-07-2021, 07:14 PM)JennyorAlice Wrote: Do you like watching the college soccer or do you like watching the pro's?  Why?

Normally when I'm watching a sport, I kind of like watching the college version more.  The people at the college level are normally working towards something (normally they're working towards making it into the pro's) so it seems like they play harder than they are in the pro's.

I don't know if that's a true statement or not.  I mean, if the team really wants to win - they will work hard.  It doesn't matter the level.